Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Karlin's Vanity

So for Christmas every year all the grand kids on my wife's side pick names for the kid they will get a gift. Of course the kid doesn't get it the parent does so I picked who I wanted this year because I wanted to build my favorite little niece a vanity.


I started with the base. Pre-cut the drawer hole out and 45 Cut the corners.


I then glued it together which proved to be difficult with the clamps I have but I figured it out.


I then glued the top to the drawer piece using granite glue.


The legs




The bench I made the exact way as the top.


For the back I just made up a design I didn't really know what I was doing I made it up as I was going.


After I cut it out I routered where the mirror was going to sit.


When I got to this point I felt that something was missing.




So I went and bought some accent pieces to make it a little more girly.


Painted and drying


Done all accept for the mirror and seeing I did this in two days then took it to my mother-in-laws house after I didn't get a picture with a mirror in it.


When I gave it to her she didn't quite know what it was but after I told her what it was she loved it so It was worth building it.

No comments: